Your continued support as we've moved to a new teaching platform this past week has been overwhelming. Thank you for your adaptability and flexibility during this time. The amount of positive and excited responses to our online lessons has been incredible.
We hope you are taking good care.
Your health and wellbeing, and that of those who count on you, is paramount.
Living Room Live:
Share your music with others. Do you have an at-home performance you'd like to share? Post online or play it live and please tag @musicmakerworkshops or #musicmakerworkshops.com. This is a great way to share with other studio students and staff. We'll be highlighting student performances at the end of each week!
Cabin Fever Busters:
We are creating webinars that will provide get-togethers, including SIng-Alongs, Tuning Instruments, Vocal Warm-Ups, Playing Basic Chords, Learning to Play an Easy Song on the Guitar & Ukulele, and more. Please follow us on Social Media (FB or Instagram) so you can get links and info.
Studio Celebration Concert:
We will be holding an Instagram Live Concert in celebration of Music Maker Workshops having the nominated #1 Music School in Ahwatukee! We are thankful for all your votes and would like to celebrate all our amazing musicians. Stay tuned for the date and time!
We see and hear you, and believe in continuing lessons virtually.
In this time of physical distancing, the need for interpersonal connection is more important than ever. We have conducted and participated in many virtual discussions with our staff, national music educators, and arts professionals over the past week and aim to improve virtual programming. Throughout the week, many of these exciting things have come from our virtual lessons:
- Students have been able to continue progressing musically.
- A new platform brings with it a fresh perspective and way to learn!
- Parents have the opportunity to see lessons live in action!
- Students can spend extra time practicing at home; this is also a safe indoor activity.
- Learning and playing music is a great therapeutic outlet.
- We've been able to stay connected and offer a familiar face.
Ways to Make your Zoom Connection Better:
- Closeout any other tabs, clear your browser
- Use an Ethernet cable
- If you are having sound trouble and you are using a MAC or PC, not a mobile device or tablet, DISABLE "Suppress Intermittent Background Noise". It's located under "Preferences > Audio > Advanced" - then DISABLE 'Suppress Intermittent Background Noise'.